Mexico Historical Society
North Mexico, originally known as Robert's Corners, is situated where roads from 6 directions converge. The lot was purchased from George Scriba in 1797 by Fanny Dewey adjacent to a lot deeded to Loan Dewey. Fanny and Loan may have both lost their property by not fulfilling terms of the contract that required occupancy of the land, as both parcels changed hands in 1798. An abandoned cabin found on Fanny's lot in 1804 when the parcel was acquired by Samuel Everts was probably built by Jared Shepherd who assumed the Dewey contract in 1798.
In the early days, the corners experienced occupancy by numerous Everts and Roberts family members. Why the "Roberts Corners" identity was dropped in lieu of North Mexico is a fact seemingly lost to history.